On the trails, they rip along at a good clip, both topping out around 55 mph, and they both get there in the same amount of time. They were the first to put a 1000cc engine in a sport UTV. Both have grab handles for easy removal, carrying and reinstallation. JoelD The longer wheelbase of the Maverick will make for a plusher ride and make the machine more predictable in high-speed corners. Having a smooth, quiet, good-working ranch vehicle actually gets driven more during the week than a performance machine does. They have also bumped up the seat thickness by 25% and added under-seat storage, ala the Defender. Let's get the debate going now. On the other hand, we liked the seat belts in the Ranger better. Both will get the job done any day and entertain you all weekend; however, in this contest, it wasn’t hard to see the Can-Am Defender HD8 will do it better. Started Saturday at 11:50 AM, By Front …….Hydraulic disc/dual-piston Summary:  The Can Am quality and value for what I wanted (Cab), was a better fit for me. 2019 Polaris Ranger Northstar with Heat/AC at $25k MSRP plus flip out windshield, rear sliding window, and winch vs the HD10 Cab at $23,799 MSRP with those features but no AC. Brakes: Different height drivers will appreciate the belt’s new, adjustable draw point to avoid neck chafe, but we did really notice a tendency to lock up and tighten on the waistband. Handling is very plush and smooth, allowing you to traverse over rough terrain you may find around the fields of your farm. It featured over 100 advancements inspired by feedback from you, the consumer and end user. The Can-Am Defender MAX XT HD10 has been around for a couple of years and is an excellent machine. ... 2017 Defender HD8. I’m mainly using the rig for yard work, snow plowing, hunting, food plots. It has a normal and a performance mode with the drive-by-wire throttle that gives you different power curves depending on your driving style and needs. Electronic Discussion Starter • #1 • Dec 20, 2016. Who has driven both ? The standard battery is weak. The biggest shot came from the Defender’s HD10 platform with a 72-horsepower 976cc Rotax V-Twin engine, which put Polaris at a disadvantage with its 900-class Ranger motor. They both have 1000-pound ratings and can be driven when the beds are fully lifted without the tailgate rubbing the tires. Year end rebates attractive. It's been a huge help around the property and great for cruising the neighborhood with the family. All rights reserved. Defender vs Ranger pricing is close. Both machines top out at about 25 mph in low. MSRP ………………………………….. $15,599, READER’S RIDES! Box is heavier duty construction as well as tailgate. We got to drive the Defender at Harpole’s Heartland Lodge in Nebo, IL. This set-up provides a plush, controllable ride when driven aggressively, and an incredible payload rating when it comes to the “business” side of things. After having my Defender a few months, I can honestly say the Polaris Ranger does drive smoother, but other then that the Defender has been one awesome machine. With 11 inches of ground clearance you can traverse over large objects you may encounter around the farm or hills without getting hung up. This truly recreational work “market” or “segment“ has been left fairly unchallenged for many years, and the Defender aims to shake things up with a handful of innovative ideas. They were the first to come out with a turbo-charged SxS. caliper We also immediately noticed that all of the dash mounted controls, switches, etc. We like the versatility of the XT version in all terrains. Seems to have more torque than the Polaris. The Defender 800 starts at $12,199. Late in 2015 CanAm announced a completely new machine to go after that customer called the Defender. ENGINE I mainly use my machine to haul the family and work around 5 acres so a more luxurious and automotive quality machine is what I wanted. Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open. Copyright © 2020 ATV. × }. Polaris Con's...Noisier than Can Am, feels unstable at highway speeds, frame rusts quickly at open tube in front of rear wheels on Rangers. Keeping costs down you will find 25-inch Maxxis tires mounted on 12-inch cast-aluminum wheels, and you won’t find work or eco modes on this unit. FINAL THOUGHTS 10.6 gal. Displacement ………………………..799.9cc Can Am engines were completely reworked, in search of every possible ounce of additional torque vs. the typically desired top speed. Hydraulic disc/single-piston with the same UTV. Polaris built an all-new, SOHC, twin-cylinder engine to help bring down the price of its new Ranger. The hinged type windows on the doors are terribly inconvenient. Polaris dealer is close, CanAm is 2 hours away. Front …………………………………… 27×9-14 Transmission ………….. Automatic CVT Price is a huge factor for the manufacturers and interested buyers as well. C an-Am and Polaris have the most innovative lines in the utility UTV segment. 2019 Can-Am Defender HD10 - 60 hours and it has not welded itself together. True 4-mode traction system: 2×4 open rear dif., 2×4 locked rear dif., 4×4 open rear dif., 4×4 locked rear dif. Power is provided to this new machine in the form of a 50-horsepower, 799.9cc V-twin and 72-horsepower, 976cc, liquid-cooled Rotax engine. Power is very responsive in normal mode, and when you switch to work mode the power delivery is mellowed out to prevent abrupt acceleration. +1 - Can-am Defender looks/interior quality. One is the passenger-side glove box and the other is a large bread-box-sized container that sits under the passenger seat. You have to get up close and personal with the Defender to see how innovative and well designed it really is. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. We like that Can-Am is expanding their product line into this category, because even we like to drive a machine that goes at a more mellow pace sometimes. You will find full doors with electronic windows, an integrated heater, windshield wipers, rear window with sliding opening, and a tilt-up windshield. We use data about you for a number of purposes explained in the links below. As already stated, the Can-Am is powered by a 72-horsepower Rotax V-Twin that is responsive and fun to drive. This allows for simple plug-and-play accessories. Rear …. Wheelbase …………………………………. For larger, heavier loads we would rely on work mode, giving us full power but with a smooth throttle delivery. Head to your local dealer to take a look at both machines for yourself. Rear ………………… Double A-arm/10” Right off the bat, you realize the Defender is extremely quick for its intended market or class, especially the 1000cc HD10. Compared to the competitors of the Polaris Ranger XP 900 EPS retailing in at $15,299 and the $14,999 Arctic Cat HDX 700 XT, you get a few more key features included with the Can-Am Defender. The HD8 model we tested has great power delivery to get you around wherever you want to go. With the Defender XT Cab, you get all the features we described earlier about the XT but with an enclosed cab. Coachgun The main part of the Defender’s cage uses a type of channeled or “profile tubing” to make for super simple mounting of accessory doors and windows. Keep in mind that the Polaris Ranger 1000 had a model change in 2018 that improved some of the shortcomings of the 2017. Defender1717 Toronto Snowmobile, ATV and Powersports Show. With 61 horsepower, it is no slouch and works great for typical chores and trail riding. The Can-Am Defender Max DPS HD10 starts out at $16,499, hard composite roof and a high-quality finish. The 1000cc HD10 puts down 72 hp (61 ft-lb torque) and the 800cc HD8 leads its class at 50 hp (50 ft-lb torque). The incredible work capability is going to be hard to top with its 1000 lb. Aerosol cans like WD-40 fit well, and we’ve thrown a small Bluetooth speaker in one of them from time to time. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. The 10 inches of suspension travel soaked up all the bumps, roots and ruts with ease. Polaris claims you can add an LED lightbar to the Ranger from box to fully installed and wired in less than 20 minutes. Polaris also has its HVAC Northstar edition available. Started January 30, 2019, By Another area of improvement could be the seatbelts. I was fairly set on a Ranger XP but all the negative reviews and my own personal experiences are pushing me away from Polaris. Out back, the dump beds are a little more comparable. These removable storage bins are perfect to carry tools and other items where you need them without going back and forth to get the right tool or equipment. But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. modified, November 26, 2018 in Defender vs The Competition. They were the first to come out with a 1000cc sport 4×4 ATV. The Defender’s power really comes on strong, right off the bottom, and it’s impressive all the way through. To handle the extra loads this customer might carry, Can-Am outfitted the Defender with preloadadjustable, twin-tube, gas-charged shocks. The engine and clutch have really been designed for low end, working performance, but they still provide excitable acceleration and a fun all around driving experience.   Pasted as rich text. The recent introduction of the new Polaris Ranger Crew XP 1000, using the same technologies as the three-passenger version, was both expected and welcomed. Neither one worked better than the other, and they both did a good job in medium bumps, whether loaded down or running empty. In most situations, they feel the same in this department. travel, 4-Wheel Hydraulic Disc with Dual-Bore Front Calipers, 4-Wheel 220mm ventilated disc brakees with hydrauic twin-piston calipers. Started October 20, By Fuel system ……………………………….. EFI Paste as plain text instead, × Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. The recreational utility market is also comprised of many lesser experienced users and owners.  =  There are three driving modes to choose from, with work, normal and eco all changing the power delivery from mellow to full blown. Engine ..Liquid cooled, V-twin, Rotax  −  Reply to this topic ... 2017 Polaris Ranger 900 EPS and a 2017 Polaris Ranger 1000 Northstar Edition with Polaris … My humble opinion regarding my previous two machines, 2017 Polaris Ranger 900 EPS and a 2017 Polaris Ranger 1000 Northstar Edition with Polaris Glacier poly plow.. Polaris Pro's...Quite a bit of accessories available, Cab fit is tight and seems to keep the dust out better than the HD-10 cab. Hunters like how quiet they are and how much cargo they hold. Started September 8, 2019, By The rolled in channel is used for locating on the ROPS cage, where you would mount a front or rear windshield or doors. Easier to remove doors. After a few hours on the trail, you were really feeling the bottom of the pan. No AC option. Joking aside, the XP800 debacle stung but Polaris DID give me a new machine (that I didn’t keep) and I’d certainly consider an XP1000 NorthStar. Tighter turning radius. The Can Am plow mount is harder to connect and disconnect than Polaris and the mount is far from the blade, under the machine. The lower-cost segment is the largest and most important. While the all-new Defender is definitely a great machine and it felt very refined in many ways, we did notice a few mention worthy shortcomings. Towing capacity is set at 2000 pounds, allowing you to haul heavy loads with ease. × Storage areas are convenient. Can Am engineers have spent the last three years developing the Defender line from the ground up to be Tough, Capable, and Clever. copyright owned by hi-torque publications. The Defender’s suspension system provides 10 inches of travel, 11 inches of ground clearance, and easy to maintain grease zerks at every pivot point.

The Outsiders Full Movie, The Day Mars Invaded Earth Cast, Sharktopus Vs Whalewolf Who Wins, Scooby Doo And The Monster Of Mexico Dailymotion, Woodside Homes Rocklin, Tired Of Waiting Gif,