When I was bike packing this past weekend, I needed a good spot for my tent poles, and the down tube is probably a good option. Mon, Sun: ClosedTue - Fri: 9:00am - 6:00pmSat: 10:00am - 6:00pm. Gearing. Vaya is designed to handle any road surface, from pavement to gravel to dirt. salsacycles.com. Over the past month and 200 miles I’ve had the opportunity to ride the Vaya on city streets during my commute, as well as a couple of gravel-ish rides. The Vaya 105 has a durable steel frame and a premium Shimano 105 2x11 groupset for smooth and confident shifting. Teal 2019 Salsa Vaya 105 Bike, serial: WE9G02135. The Vaya 105 is easier to ride up hills than similar bikes. Vaya is designed to handle any road surface, from pavement to gravel to dirt. Vaya is a road adventure and light-touring bike, designed to handle any road surface, from pavement to gravel to dirt. Overall, there’s really nothing I’ve found that I truly dislike about this bike. More Views. Because the cables route down along the bottom of the down tube, it’s not feasible to mount anything there. The Vaya 105 is designed to handle any road surface. Love bikes? If I had to nit-pick a couple of things I would say I would have liked a set of top tube bag mounts. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Novatec 32h, 12 x 100mm, WTB ST i19 TCS 2.0 700c, WTB Riddler 700 x 37c TCS Light/Fast Rolling, tan sidewall. I feel that this bike will be a solid investment for many years to come, and I can’t wait to rack up the miles in the saddle. Read and follow all product instructions and warnings including information on the manufacturer’s website. Never modify your bicycle or accessories. 2 × 11 — 22 speed. ( Log Out /  My wife’s Journeyman came with those, and that is an awesome perk to just screw your bag in, instead of straps. However, I need to strap them to the top of the down tube, which means moving my water bottle cage. Sign up for price alert . Details. Whether you’re on a fast tour or just taking your time, this all road adventure and light touring bike is a versatile machine that feels great lightly loaded or unloaded. I knew I wanted something in the gravel bike territory, but I didn’t want to go full on touring style. $1,999.00. Subscribe for updates. Be the first to review this product. I’ve now got nearly 200 miles on the bike, and it’s about time to put pen to paper and talk about how the Salsa Vaya has been treating me. The 2019 Salsa Vaya 105 is a steel frame gravel bike with upper mid-range components and mechanical disc brakes. I posted a long rambling blog about how I came to make my decision to purchase a Salsa Vaya gravel bike, but I also promised a review at a later date. Ya know, I didn’t really consider the Fargo. Vaya 105 Bike Whether you’re on a fast tour or just taking your time, this all road adventure and light touring bike is a versatile machine that feels great lightly loaded or unloaded. Where to Buy. The 48/32t front cog gives just that slight bit of extra oomph that makes the bike feel completely comfortable under load. Cro-moly steel frame? A pair of TRP Spyre brakes deliver outstanding stopping power and modulation, while remaining easy to adjust and service in the field, even if that field is very far away from a bike shop. The tubing selection and stable geometry makes for a bike that feels great unloaded or loaded for a fast tour, soaking up unpredictable surfaces mile after mile, versatile even if the path turns less than ideal. Mounts for everything? Despite a couple of nit picks, it’s exactly what I was looking for. That road may take many forms, since the Vaya rolls on WTB Riddler tires wrapped around sturdy, WTB rims, all of which are tubeless-ready for high performance and fewer flats. ( Log Out /  WARNING: Cycling can be dangerous. 2019 Salsa Vaya 105; 2019 Salsa Vaya 105. Check! Similar bikes won‘t keep up with the Vaya 105 while riding downhill or sprinting. Sold Out $1,999.00 Vaya is a road adventure and light-touring bike, designed to handle any road surface, from pavement to gravel to dirt. 34 mph. Its lightweight carbon Waxwing fork features Three-Pack mounts for extra water bottles or gear, so you’ll be ready for anywhere the road takes you. 99 Spokes analyzes the build material and quality level of the frame, fork, wheelset, groupset, suspension system, and more to estimate the overall spec level of each bike. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Love data? The tubing selection and stable geometry makes for a bike that feels great unloaded or loaded for a fast tour, soaking up unpredictable surfaces mile after mile, versatile even if the path turns less than ideal. The Vaya 105 has a durable steel frame and a premium Shimano 105 2x11 groupset for smooth and confident shifting. I love riding it, even if it’s just to the train station 1.8 miles away. Availability: In stock. The Vaya seemed like a really nice compromise between the two. Estimated spec level of the Vaya 105 compared to other gravel bikes. The Vaya 105 has a durable steel frame and a premium Shimano 105 2x11 groupset for smooth and confident shifting. Over the past month and 200 miles I’ve had the opportunity to ride the Vaya on city streets during my commute, as well as a couple of gravel-ish rides. And, Salsa’s cockpit components are tested and trusted to take you many miles in comfort and control. 2019 Salsa Vaya 105. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Salsa. My main takeaway from my experiences so far is that this bike is perfect for the way that I ride, and it feels and moves better than anything I’ve ever owned. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. ( Log Out /  Check. As I talked about in my previous blog, I spend a lot of time figuring out what to buy. The only other thing that I had to give up with the steel frame was internal cable routing. Similar Bikes. Always wear a helmet. Did you consider the Fargo and if so, why did you prefer the Vaya? Email to a Friend. Inspect your bicycle before every use. Its lightweight carbon Waxwing fork features Three-Pack mounts for extra water bottles or gear, so you’ll be ready for anywhere the road takes you. I’ve been able to transition over any surface with ease, and the component upgrade from my previous ride has improved my skill noticeably. Qty: Add to Cart-OR-OR | Add to Compare; Quick Overview. long rambling blog about how I came to make my decision to purchase a Salsa Vaya, 2019 Biking Year in Review – Second Runnings. The 2019 Salsa Vaya 105 is a steel frame gravel bike with upper mid-range components and mechanical disc brakes. Change ). WTB Riddler TCS Light/Fast Rolling, Tan Sidewall. Pingback: 2019 Biking Year in Review – Second Runnings. Color: Purple, Teal. Salsa lives and sells by the motto “adventure by bike,” and the Vaya seems perfectly suited to that go-everywhere-ride-everything ethos. This looks like a lovely bike. 36 mph. MSRP $1,999; Weight 24.6 lbs / 11.2 kg; Frame Steel; Wheels 700c; Drivetrain 2 × 11; Groupset 105  Brakes Mechanical Disc; Report incorrect bike information. I test rode plenty of bikes before deciding the Vaya was mine. I’ve now got nearly 200 miles on the bike, and it’s about time to put pen to paper and talk about how the Salsa Vaya has been treating me. There’s a few key things that really make this bike amazing for me. We are the premier Portland destination for commuter bikes, belt drive bikes, adventure bikes and especially for our custom built dream bikes. I even recently did a short bikepacking trip with a friend and learned a lot about how to best pack this bike. Wide tires? I just recently did a bikepacking weekend, and was able to load up 22lbs of gear on the Vaya and the bike took it in stride. In a word… yes. I love this bike. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Bicycles and bicycle products should be assembled and serviced by a professional mechanic. 2039 SE Cesar E Chavez BlvdPortland, OR 97214. Check. Double click on above image to view full picture. I purchased a Salsa Vaya 105 back in the first week of November, but have had delay after delay with the fork issue. I’m torn between this one and the Salsa Fargo. LBS just gave me a new timeline of end of March... Patience is wearing thin, as this is the first real bike purchase after 8 years on an '88 Schwinn World Sport. Vaya 105 Bike - Teal. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out /  This isn’t a big deal, but I need to think a little harder about where things go, compared with an aluminium, internal routed, frame.

Elvie Pump Vs Willow, What Happened To Jetpack Joyride, Campaign Speech Generator, Ilmango Trident Farm, 2020 Ford Escape Complaints, Rds Ct Stations, The Greeting Song Lyrics, Mello Fm Jamaica,