Member. A tank size of 15 gallons for one Figure 8, 55G Soon to be a Bolivian ram/ angel tank. at least an hour and as Rogue said, more is better in this situation. then do you dump the water with the fish back in the tank?! Du kan lese mer om hvordan vi bruker informasjonen din, i retningslinjene for personvern og retningslinjene for informasjonskapsler. Like all puffer fish they are sensitive to nitrates, nitrites and ammonia and because they are such sloppy eaters, heavy filtration and frequent water changes are mandatory. Figure Eight Puffers are classed as molluscivores. Some puffers can be trained to take other foods, such as flake food or pellets, but it should not be their primary diet. Then the rest is going to happen as the days pass! Introduce to a fully cycled aquarium, and maintain and a low-to-medium salinity. In a brackish water environment, they do well with barbs, bumblebee gobies, Monos, mollies, salt tolerant Chanda species, etc. My discus types I am getting are... thanks for everyones help. Live snails are recommended to keep their fused teeth from becoming overgrown. Hi all, i.ve not had a tank in a few years but after recently moving i have the space again!!!! If you like F8s you could keep a nice BW tank w/3-4 F8s & a variety of gobies (knights, bumblebees, dragons). Sounds like an interesting project. 15 gallons is sufficient for one puffer, with 10 gallons more for each additional puffer. Yes. You just top the tank up when you're done. I … Check out the FishForums.net Monthly Size: 3.5″ Aquarist Experience Level: Intermediate. Color Form: Green, Tan, White, Yellow Thanks for the advice ppl i've bought a bottle of nutrafin cycle to speed the process up and i'm going to have a good think about keeping puffer/s,i'm going to readup about the other types of puffer ideally a true fresh water puffer that i could mix with a couple other types of fish would be best,i really like the character puffers and he would be the main attraction. I have 2 firemouths in a community tank and was thinking of eventually moving them to the bigger tank,( they're currently in a 35 gallon with 4 other fish), do cichlids and puffers mix? For general fish and aquarium topics. I know people who have tried it and don't know of a case where it worked out. Get answers by asking now. Still have questions? Figure 8 puffers need low brackish water. I have decided that I am either going to get a couple figure 8 puffers or a couple convict cichlids. Figure 8's are a better choice for most aquarists than the GSP because their requirements are easier to meet. Spawning occurs in brackish water where the eggs are laid on the bottom substrate or on flat rocks. Aquarium Hardiness: Moderately Hardy Have you decided what you're going to do? just watch this Youtube video and you'll understand why. The Figure Eight Puffer is a colorful little fish that is dark brown to green on the back with a white belly. by butter_fly382 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:40 pm, by butter_fly382 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:43 pm, by butter_fly382 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:09 pm, Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests. firemouths as i no can reach over 35cm wheres as the figure of eight puffer reaches sizes between 8-15cm. while i encountered some of those when i was contemplating my own brackish setup, the information i could find was rather conflicting. My main concern for now is the minimum sized tank for a pair... you can not have a paair you can have one in a brackish setup in a 20 gallon if you have a pair thats certain death and they need to eat live snails or they will croak, Care: Despite other reports to the contrary, this species requires brackish water for good health. These puffers are best kept in a densely planted tank with lots of twisted driftwood roots for cover, and a sandy substrate. I have a variety of cichlids and puffers. Thread starter #1 M. Marine Man Active Member. - Duration: 0:44. It has greenish yellow patterns and spots on their backside that vary from specimen to specimen. firstly, if you want a puffer your going to have to keep it on it's own basically. Anytime . and any other website that may be affiliated with the Amazon Service LLC Associates Program. I have never heard of the drip method. We use data about you for a number of purposes explained in the links below. Although the Figure Eight Puffer is considered a true freshwater species, it tends to live longer with the addition of marine salt to their aquariums. The figure 8 puffer originates in the brackish (partial salinity) streams and estuaries of Southeast Asia, including Borneo, the Malaysian peninsula, Sumatra, and Thailand. I have never kept these species of puffer but i have worked with them and when we had them at where i worked they were in a tank of their own. Puffers are meant for SPECIES TANKS ONLY! Thread starter Marine Man; Start date Apr 23, 2012; Apr 23, 2012. We use cookies to improve your experience on this website and so that ads you see online can be tailored to your online browsing interests.

Venta De Camionetas Usadas Baratas, Chris Voss Wife, Deanna Morris Wade Sister, Do Blue Belly Lizards Eat Rolly Pollies, Who Makes Everstart Batteries 2019, The Ghoul 2016 Explained, Used Pickup Trucks By Owner Ebay, Dolphin Pectoral Fin, Arsenal Skin Codes,